Rejoice Hair Transplant offers the latest and improved version of DHI known as Activated DHT. Our clinic for hair transplant in Mumbai is renowned for providing this procedure developed by our founder Dr. Shankar Sawant.
Doctors performing DHI claim that they use very small size punches. Doctors who acquire experience in FUE techniques use small punches. There are many hair transplant surgeons in Mumbai who are using 0.6, 0.7, 0.8 & 0.9 punches depending on the size of the follicle.
But the size of the punch depends on the size of the follicle. Also, a small-sized punch means good healing. The size of the punch should larger than the size of the hair follicle for taking out the complete hair follicle.
Now, DHI is a very old method and it was invented for the direct implantation of hair. It means the hair grafts/follicles are extracted and immediately implanted.
The purpose of DHI was to reduce the time of hair graft stored outside the body. It was necessary to reduce the ischemia time and prevent the graft from going into a shock after surgery. Well, preserved grafts are accepted by the body which makes the DHI treatment a successful one.
What are the disadvantages of the DHI procedure?
Hair transplant is a time-consuming procedure. It takes a lot of time. DHI demands grafts to be extracted from the backside of the scalp and implanted in the front. During this procedure, it is difficult to maintain the position of both, the patient and the doctor. So it is not possible to cover the large area or implant a large number of grafts.
- Proper cleaning of grafts does not happen in DHI
When grafts are extracted, they are covered with clotted blood. If the grafts are not cleaned properly, they are likely to hamper the blood supply when implanted.
- Strategic placement of grafts is important
All individuals have single hair in the front in their hairline. But in the case of In the DHI treatment, there is no scope for strategic placement. Also, it is necessary to clean and segregate the hair grafts as per the number of hairs such as single, double, triple, etc. This segregation is necessary for getting a natural hairline look and feel which cannot take place during a DHI treatment.
What is activated DHT?
To overcome the disadvantages of DHI, Dr. Shankar Sawant has developed a new technique called Activated DHT.
- In this method, we extract grafts with appropriate size punch (0.7, 0.8 or 0.9) depending on the size of the follicles.
- Once we know grafts are coming out good then we do all punching of grafts. The grafts are left in the hole to ensure that they continue to receive blood supply. This takes care of the ischemia time. In scientific terms, it is known as in-vivo preservation.
- We create slits for single follicles in front than for double follicles and then for triple follicles. This helps in implanting the grafts according to the size of the follicle. This prevents the problem of Cobblestone.
- Activated DHT assures the desired density of hair and is much better than the DHI treatment where only the implantation of the graft is possible without no assurance of the desired density of hair.
- Once the slitting process is over, the punched out grafts are extracted. They are cleaned properly with Ringer Lactate solution to make sure the grafts survive after the implantation. This cleaning of the extracted hair follicles removes the clotting of blood around it and ensures that they receive blood supply and increases their chance of survival.
- After proper cleaning grafts are placed in ATPase solution or PRP solution so that survival of grafts increased. This process is called Activation of the follicle.
- In DHI implantation is done with an implanter which has two major disadvantages –This method cannot give good density because while pushing the implanter surrounding follicles may come out. The use of an implanter increases the cost of the procedure.
Hence we have modified the implantation method –
First, we create a slit with a CTS blade so that minimal trauma is done. We do implantation with a NO ROOT TOUCH technique. In this technique, we do not touch the root of the hair follicle. We hold the follicle at the opposite side of the root (i.e. tip) while implanting. This increases the growth rate as well as the percentage of follicle survival.
Why choose Dr. Shankar Sawant’s activated DHT?
- Simple daycare procedure – The patient can return home the same day. It can be done during lunch hours while at work
- Special Procedure invented by Dr. Sawant which promises better results especially dense and fuller hair on the scalp
- The procedure was done by Dr. Sawant and his expert team ensuring the highest safety of the patient
- Use of patient’s own hair as hair grafts so the hair match in terms of quality, color, and thickness
- Safe and clinically proven treatment which is relied upon by many board-certified cosmetologist.