Disappointed with your attempts to remove acne scars?
At Rejoice, we provide a complete range of acne scars treatment in Mumbai to remove your acne scars and give your face a radiant and youthful glow.
Our head Dermatologist Dr. Shankar Sawant has more than 25 years of experience in treating all the various skin and hair related issues.
Keep reading to know about Acne scars, its types and treatments.
Acne or pimples happen when the pores on the skin become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. A plugged pore is the perfect place for bacteria to grow. This creates the red bumps and pus-filled red bumps known as pimples/acne. Severe acne tends to have serious scarring on our skin.
Acne breakouts leave scars on our face which reduces our self-confidence.
Types of Acne Scars:
There are different types of scars of acne:
Ice pick scar
A majority of people get Ice pick scars. They are very tiny minute scars present especially over the cheeks and nose. They are narrow and v-shaped scars that can go deep into the skin.
A rolling scar is a little bit bigger scar and margins are coming downward. They have rounded edges and an irregular rolling appearance. These scars are connected to the deeper tissue.
Box scars are wide and U-shaped scars that have deep edges. These scars are very deep and large which connect that skin to the lower parts of our skin.
These scars are usually found on the chest and the back. They occur due to too many fibroblasts produced by the skin when the acne is getting healed.
Causes of Acne Scar
- Whenever acne is severe and if not treated properly then scar occurs.
- Whenever there are scars and light falls on that skin, shadow occurs and it gives a deeper pigmented scar.
- When you pick, squeeze or pop the acne.
People nowadays try many types of natural home remedies which is time-consuming to get results. Hence, it becomes imperative to treat the acne and acne scars clinically so that the results are fast and easy.
Medical Treatment for Acne Scars
At Rejoice, we pride ourselves in providing premium quality acne scars treatment at the most affordable cost.
1. Chemical Peel
A chemical peel is one of the effective ways to treat scars. This treatment involves the destruction of the first 2 layers of your skin by applying chemical agents. After chemical peeling, the skin regenerates with layers of fresh skin giving a youthful appearance to the face. They are mainly used to treat icepick scars.
At our clinic, we provide chemical peel at the most affordable price i.e. Rs. 1000 per session.
Precautions after the Chemical Peel Procedure
- It is necessary to use sunscreen to protect your skin each time you step outdoors during the daytime.
- Avoid any abrasive procedures on your face for one week after the chemical peel procedure.
Advantages of Chemical Peel Procedure
- Safe procedure
- A brief procedure that can be done during office lunch hours
- Helps in skin rejuvenation and adds glow to the face
Micro-needling is a very simple derma-roller procedure mainly for acne scars. In this therapy, the doctor takes a handheld rolling instrument which has several pins on it. These pins can range from 192 to 540 needles and they have a varied length as well which ranges from 0.5 to 2 mm. The doctor chooses the length of the needle according to the type and the area of the face that they have to treat.
During the procedure, the doctor rolls the instrument on your skin to stimulate bleeding causing small wounds. The small wounds on your skin are the good wounds. These wounds lead to the release of several growth factors like the epidermal growth factor, fibroblast growth factor, and a platelet-derived growth factor. It leads to collagen regeneration, re-modeling, and youthful appearance.
Micro-needling is highly used to treat scars such as icepick scar, rolling scar, boxcar scars.
At Rejoice Hair Transplant Clinic, we charge only Rs. 1000 per session of micro-needling.
Precautions after the procedure:
- Do not wash the face for the rest of the day
- Do not do any work-out which can lead to sweating
- Do not go out in the hot sun
Advantages of Micro-needling
- It is a safe procedure for those who overall have good health
- It is a small procedure that can be done during an office lunch break.
- It leads to very glowing, renewed skin, and your acne scars can be gone with this treatment.
During a dermabrasion procedure, the skin is anesthetized and through an electric-powered instrument, the doctor will remove the outermost layer of skin. In the common case of dermabrasion, the epidermis is removed and the majority of the dermis remains so that the skin may heal leaving no scar. This treatment is useful for most of the acne scars.
Precautions to be taken after the procedure:
- Patients have prescribed antibiotics for five days to prevent infection.
- The face must be kept clean and moist
Advantages of Dermabrasion
- Over the following five to 10 days, new healthy skin grows in.
- There is a significant reduction in acne scars.
- It also removes dead skin cells and promotes new and healthy skin cells.
4. Laser Treatments
In laser treatments, very short-pulse light or ultra-pulse energy or continuous light beams are used. This light is projected on your skin which emits high energy. This light is very focused. This initiates the wound healing cascade, starts collagen production, and starts improving signs of aging, open pores along with the scars. They are commonly used to treat icepick scars, rolling scars and boxcar scars. We approximately charge Rs. 50,000 per session of laser treatment for acne scars.
Precautions to be taken after the procedure
- Avoid exposure of the skin to sunlight
- Avoid scrubbing and scratching the skin
Advantages of Laser treatments
- Exfoliates the top layers of your skin
- Reduces the intensity of acne and promotes new cell growth.
- Vaporizes scar tissue and stimulates collagen production which regenerates skin in the place of scar tissue.
- Treat your scars without damaging the epidermal layer of your skin
5. Derma Fillers
Dermal fillers are gel-like substances that are injected beneath the skin on the ‘dermis’ layer. You can inject derma fillers in different parts of the face. It is best suitable for people with less number of boxcar scars or rolling scars. We charge approximately Rs. 20,000 per injection of Derma fillers for acne scars.
Precautions to be taken after the treatment
- Do not put topical products on the skin
- Avoid alcoholic beverages 24 hours before the treatment
- Avoid scratching or scrubbing the area
Advantages of Derma Fillers
- It helps to reduce the visibility of acne scars.
- It also helps to restore lost volume, smooth lines and soften creases, or enhance facial contours.
- These fillers last for 6 to 18 months but some are permanent.
Do not let acne scars ruin your appearance. Visit our center now and get yourself treated by the best Dermatologist in Mumbai. Our dedicated team of doctors has significant years of experience
in treating acne scars. We will provide the best suitable treatment based on your requirements.